Why should I volunteer with Scouts?
Our adult volunteers get as much out of Scouting as our young people do.
As well as helping young people to enjoy the adventure of Scouting, you'll also have fun, make friends, develop new skills and have unforgettable experiences.
You will also develop your own skills and learn new ones. Volunteering with us will enhance your CV and allow you to pursue an interest in a specific hobby.
We are looking for volunteers, no matter the number of hours you can offer there will be a place for you here in 45th Dundee. Need some more help in deciding? The following is from a Blog on the Scouting Website.
1. There is always somebody to laugh at your terrible jokes.
‘He tells awful jokes, but they are so bad that you can’t help but like them’- Elenya
2. You adopt a new family that never stops extending.
‘They are not like my parents, they are like brothers and sisters to me.’ – Kamil
3. When you don’t feel like you’re good enough, there are people around you who think you’re the best!
‘He is amazing! He is always coming up with great ideas and is full of energy.’ - Tim
4. Your encouragement gives a young person hope.
‘They never give up on you!’ - Abbie
5. Your support can put a smile on a young person’s face when they are having a tough day.
‘They help me through some really hard times in my life and they make everything fun.’- Phoebe
6. By being you, you can teach others that it’s ok to be themselves.
‘He teaches me how to be myself’- Amir
7. By becoming a leader you can lead young people on the adventure of a lifetime.
‘My Scout Leaders took our group from doing barely anything, with nights just revolving around games to getting out and doing some truly amazing things.’- James
8. You become more than a volunteer, you become somebody’s mentor.
‘They give us advice and lots of cool opportunities’- Sofia
9. You develop relationships that stand the test of time.
‘My old Cub Leader is one of the most important people in my life, we have some of the most incredible memories at camps, coffee catch ups and so on. She’s someone that’s always filled with energy and wants the kids and herself to have so much fun! She’s simply incredible, I love her to the moon and back.’- Caitlyn
10. Your dedication to Scouting helps somebody to achieve awards!
‘They helped us get our Chief Scouts Gold (Award)’- Caroline
Inspired to volunteer? Get in touch for more information about Scouting with The 45th and how to join the team!